2018 320th MMS Reunion - May 11-13, 2018 - San Antonio, Texas
We have reserved a block of rooms from May 11 through May 13 at a special rates. The rates are $169/night for a room with a city view or $199/night for a room with a river view. This rate will be honored three days before and three days after the blocked dates as long as rooms are available. This means that anyone wanting to come early or stay late can do so but reservations need to be made as early as possible so they can get the rooms locked in. The hotel is located on the famous Riverwalk in San Antonio. The Westin is a 4-Star hotel and normal rate for this period of time is about $240 per night, excluding breakfast.
The hotel is located about 8 miles north of the airport. Transportation to the hotel from the airport is available via taxicabs, Uber or the SAT Super Shuttle. If you are driving or renting a car, the hotel charges $39 per night for valet parking. There is also parking available at public parking garages nearby. The rates at these garages are $10-$16 per day (but there are no in-out privileges).
- Rate includes up to 2 vouchers for the breakfast in the full service restaurant. Normally $29 per voucher.
- The Westin has a very highly rated on-site restaurant called, Zocca Cuisine D'Italia.
- Includes in-the-room Wi-Fi
- Excludes state and local taxes (16.79%)
- Each individual responsible for room and incidental charges
- The hotel is part of Starwood hotel group. If you are a member, then the room will count for your point accumulation
|Room||Single Rate||Double Rate||Triple Rate||Quad Rate|
|Traditional City-Side, Run of House||$169.00||$169.00||$189.00||$209.00|
|Deluxe River-Side, Run of House||$199.00||$199.00||$219.00||$239.00|
|“Run of House” rooms are defined as standard rooms with one king or two double beds. As the description implies … the lower rate has a view of the city out the window and higher rate looks onto the river.|
To Make A Reservation
YOU CAN MAKE RESERVATIONS ONLINE HERE. This page is set up for our reunion and has the rates and dates on it.
You can also CALL the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio reservations desk at 1-888-627-8396 (note: you cannot make reservation on-line to get our group rate). Ask for the group rate for “320 MMS Reunion Room Block” Rates available plus or minus 3 days either side of the event dates, subject to availability.
The cut-off date for making reservations for this block rate is 9:00 PM, April 11, 2018. Any rooms not booked by this date will be released back to the hotel. Once the block of rooms is filled, rate is subject to change. To avoid a charge of one night’s room + tax, cancellations must be made by 6:00 PM two days prior to arrival.
Please Note: This is a preliminary list of activities. Details are still being finalized and are subject to change!
Friday MORNING/Afternoon - Lackland AFB Tour
We are blocking out Friday for a tour of Lackland AFB. Lackland has only limited opportunities for tours; they offer tours on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. So we will need to set up our tour for Frinday, May 11th. The max size of a tour group - including chaperons - is 50 people and must include 10 at minimum. In addition, groups must arrive in 2 vehicles or less. If you want to participate on this tour you will probably need to start your stay at the hotel on Thursday, May 10th.
The base only schedules tours 1-2 months prior to the event, so we will be firming up plans for the tour with them in March. By that time we will have a better idea of how many attendees will be coming.
Lackland is now part of Joint Base San Antonio. The facility is a Joint Base of Fort Sam Houston, Randolph Air Force Base, Lackland Air Force Base and Martindale Army Airfield, which were merged on 1 October 2010.
FRIDAY Evening - RECEPTION and Dinner
We will have an informal happy hour or reception in one of the rooms. On Friday evening we will have a group meal at the hotel restaurant.
We are in the early stages of activity planning for the reunion. Here are some of the attractions we are considering.
- San Antonio Riverwalk We will be planning a tour of the Riverwalk by boat or by walking. The Riverwalk is a verdant oasis of cypress-lined paved paths, arched stone bridges and lush landscapes that gently winds through the city center.
- La Villita Historic Arts Village is located south of the River Walk. Established in 1939, the neighborhood was adapted into a center for teaching regional arts and crafts and to serve as an artists market. Today, nearly 30 shops and galleries offer distinct handcrafted items by artists from San Antonio and surrounding areas.
- The Alamo. Very close to Riverwalk and free admission. Guided tours are available for $15/person ($10/person for veterans).
- San Antonio Museum of Art Highly rated; withing walking distance from Riverwalk
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park This is a National Historical Park and part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site preserving four of the five Spanish frontier missions built in the 1700's in San Antonio. Located about 3 miles from downtown.
- Natural Bridge Caverns is located 30 minutes north of downtown San Antonio. There is a 75-minute tour that about the history of the caverns and the geological forces that shaped their curious rock formations. Tour tickets are $23 per person.
- Majestic Theatre This performing arts theatre is, located downtown. They are having a special showing of Disney's movie Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl with live accompaniment by the San Antonio symphony while we are there. Ticket prices range from $23 to $57 for groups of 10 or more.
We will be gathering for dinner on Saturday and Sunday nights at local restaurants.
Monday Morning: Farewell breakfast in the hotel